sorry they're late, but friday was too full.
round four of the softspoken sweet sixteen! 16 things i've starred, favorited, hearted, liked or dug over the past week:
1. photo essay love ever after by lauren fleishman
2. my kitty is going to wish i never saw this.
3. these totes from etsy shop imissyoualready (ode to jd salinger, ode to francois truffaut, ode to bukowski). also, great staging ideas for her shop photos!
4. video games vs. real life! via.
5. i don't know why, but i really want those mickey pasties from this shop... and that chick's purple hair.
6. but forget my obsession with candy colored hair for a second - candy colored animals! via here and here and here.
7. and while we're on the subject of animals... love thise vidz.
8. hair love. via and via.
9. this shirt. via.
10. this chick's style. via.
11. not in love with the color choice - but love christopher kane's use of the granny square. via.
12. from this blog i learned that many red food dyes are made from crushed beetles, known as cochineal, which blew my little vegetarian mind. if you see Crimson Lake, Natural Red #40, C.I. 75470, or E120 you're eating beetles. the FDA only recently made it a requirement to announce this in January 2011 so take a look. they're in your makeup too. on one hand i think it's better than some lab produced chemical (some other red food dyes are derived from coal tar) - but i'd still like to be aware of it so i can make my own food choices, too.
13. this photo.
14. this tutorial for braided headbands.
15. this dress whose style isn't such a flattering cut for me, but you should def. get it.
16. and this crochet doll head pot holder!
as always - check the sources for more. xoxox.